At least 1,644 people have been killed and more than 3,400 injured in Myanmar following the 7.7 magnitude earthquake that hit the country and Thailand on Friday.
At least 139 more were missing, Myanmar's junta said in a statement.
The death toll and number of injured so far right that what's mentioned above while the report is being written.
The quake destroyed buildings, downed bridges, and buckled roads across swathes of Myanmar, with massive destruction seen in Mandalay, the country's second biggest city and home to more than 1.7 million people.
In Mandalay, AFP journalists saw rescuers pull a woman alive from the remains of one apartment block where a Red Cross official said more than 90 people could be trapped.
Half of the 12 storeys of the Sky Villa Condominium were flattened by the quake, as Phyu Lay Khaing, 30, was brought out and carried by stretcher to be embraced by her husband and taken to hospital.
In this situation, it is feared that the death toll in the country could exceed 10,000.
The destructive power of this terrible earthquake in Myanmar was equal to 334 nuclear bombs.
American geologist Jess Phoenix told the country's mass media CNN that the amount of energy released by the earthquake in Myanmar is equal to about 334 nuclear bombs.
The geologist also warned that Myanmar will be at risk of earthquakes for at least the next two months.
He said that Myanmar's location on the Indian tectonic plate and the Eurasian tectonic plate. The earthquake was caused by the shift of these two plates. This shift will continue for another 2 months. Therefore, Myanmar will be at risk of earthquakes for the next two months.
Source: The Guardin, DW, Reuters
Bd-pratidin English/Lutful Hoque